Monday, February 6, 2017

Miniature Monday: Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys

Over the summer I was lucky enough to visit the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys.  You can find their website HERE.

Set in a beautiful historic cottage, the Museum contained treasures I'd only seen in miniature magazines.  Staff was friendly and super helpful.  After spending hours touring the museum, I managed to spend another hour in their gift shop.  If you're ever in Denver, you should definitely make time for a visit.

My biggest surprise was being able to see "Somewhere in Time" created by  Bill Lankford in 1989.  I cannot tell you how often I admired the photos in Nutshell News that featured it and I could hardly contain my excitement to see it in person.  Here are a few pictures:






Another favorite by artisans Noel and Pat Thomas from 1978:


There are dollhouses and room boxes of all styles and sizes.  The museum is also super kid friendly.  Treasures are tucked safely behind glass, and there was an actual working Nintendo game console from the 1990's that kept my 13 year old son busy when he was done with the exhibits.





Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Ketsia,
    Thank you for sharing these amazing pictures.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Now that is my kind of museum! The houses are really amazing. Looks like you had a fun visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, especially seeing pieces I'd only seen in magazines.

      Delete
  3. I had such a good time at this museum - your pictures are so great! I don't think my pictures do it justice. My niece also had a great birthday party here where they made a dollhouse room box. I could have spent even more time than I did because they also had a dollhouse book library. And I agree: their gift shop is great!

    ReplyDelete